Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Raise Awareness, Raise Hope.

Imovie Of My Collage:



Think Creatively!

My collage is an example of thinking creatively within the design of the pictures, the kind of pictures and the layout of my collage's journey. The pictures I chose were in certain colours depending on what mood I wanted to create for each picture, for example, my picture of one of the Lost boys crying is in grey to give a startling and unsettling break in their conflict. The kind of pictures I chose are black and white for an older effect, and others are in colour to create a recent effect, so that the viewer knows that the conflict the Lost Boys faced wasn't only in the past but happening right now too. My collage is designed to show the journey the Lost Boys took, from their Dinka villages to their homes in America.

Reason Critically!


My collage is an example of reasoning critically within the images and text I used to clearly represent my understanding of the Lost Boy's situation and story they had. My images were mostly made with black and white colours to strengthen the emotions imbedded in the lost boys journey as well was the emotions they experienced. The text I used is placed in a clear and off-beat way to stand out and strike the viewer well.


Communicate Effectively!

My collage represents the Lost Boy's horrific journey towards freedom and a new life filled with hope and a better chance at life. The collage is a story placed in a ladder lay-out that you follow beginning at their Dinka village to their life in America. This is a journey filled with horrific sights, permanent loneliness and a rare chance at hope. This is to communicate my message of how the Lost Boys suffered to the viewer in a strong yet inspiring way.

Live Ethically!


Explain how you think your collage demonstrated empathy and might evoke an emotional response from your viewers and/or incite them to act.

My collage is strong in striking an emotional response within the viewer/reader by using my special selection of pictures and a small amount of striking words to inspire those who will learn about the story of the Lost Boy's and their struggle for survival, to help strike an inspiring fire within my viewer to donate or find other ways of helping the Lost Boy's.

No comments: